Join now - be part of our community!

RADLINKER - What it is, a guide!

Woody27
Visitor

RADLINKER - What it is, a guide!

Dear All,

There are quite a few peaple asking about the ATi cards fitted in VAIOs at the moment and a comomon suggestion is to use the Omega drivers (www.omegadrivers.net). I thought I might tell you about a little known (and hence used) feature of this driver set which is quite useful!

This is RADLINKER.

It allows you to set graphic card options for individual programs. This is handy as say, for example, you may want to set you grahics card to high quality for something that is easy to run (i.e. Quake III Arena) but to high performance (and hence low quality) for something a bit more demanding (i.e. DOOM 3).

Heres how to use it (assuming you have installed the latest Omega drivers and they are functioning correctly):

1. Right click on the Icon (say DOOM3) and select 'Create RADLINK'.
2. A new icon will appear that is similar to the one you just clicked on, it will have a slightly different name.
3. You can now delete the original icon (and rename the new one, if you so wish).
4. If you now right click on this icon, you will find a whole new set of options for the graphics card which are for this file only!

Smart eh!

CW

PS DO NOT USE the overclocking options, mobile chips cannot cope with the associated heat increase and will quickly fail!

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yep getting it Tyger....
I was quite shocked when he said he was getting it for me, my gran is chipping in too.

See, in France, people celebrate the 20th, but as I missed out they have decided to celebrate my 25th.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Aha. I have a cunning plan involving moving to France when I'm 24 lol.

Woody27
Visitor

Kee-Lo,

Will you post a review when you've had time to get used to it?

This is seriously tempting!

CW

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL Tyger, normally it's 20, you missed the boat :slight_frown:
Woody, yeah definately.