Join now - be part of our community!

ReadyBoost of Windows Vista

profile.country.es_ES.title
pariope41
Visitor

ReadyBoost of Windows Vista

The technology READYBOOST works better with modules USB (2.0) of 512, 1giga, 2giga... All does more memory more rapid work WINDOWS SEEN? That type of memory is better for this technology and in that you determine? With that sizes I will have more yield? That memory is better SD, CF, MemoriStick? Regards

8 REPLIES 8
Resonate
Visitor

It is a good feature in Vista the Ready boost option however i have tried many Flash USB which Vista does not recognise yet so to many people this is a useless feature until Microsoft sort out the compatibility list....

olilloyd
Visitor

I have a 2gb Xerox and it works perfectly. Makes a big difference in terms of loading software, i just leave it in all the time!

Resonate
Visitor

I have a 2gb Xerox and it works perfectly. Makes a big difference in terms of loading software, i just leave it in all the time!

Thats the same one i have it's really good i was thinking of getting a 8GIG Dominator but i want to be sure it works ok first

olilloyd
Visitor

Apparently anything over 2gb isnt worth it as it wont use it!! Can anyone clarify this?

zardoz
Visitor

Apparently anything over 2gb isnt worth it as it wont use it!! Can anyone clarify this?

An informative FAQ about ReadyBoost here, from the Program Manager of the feature:
http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/archive/2006/06/02/615199.aspx

Resonate
Visitor

Thats useful to know that thanks :wink: So i will get a 4GB Flash instead as thats clased as 8GB Cache you proberly saved me £80.00 there thanks

profile.country.es_ES.title
pariope41
Visitor

I have a memorystick duo of 1giga and the system now flies for this way saying it ... this system convincing this me, to see we will see to seeing that such ... regards

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

This guy seems to like ReadyBoot.

Thanks for the info Pat