Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery CDs

profile.country.en_GB.title
JohnHarrison1983
Visitor

Recovery CDs

Hi,
I have a sony vaio fs115b (loving it so far!happy.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=happy|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=happy.gif! )and im having problems using the recovery tool to burn the recovery CDs to DVD or CD, I have tried all different brands of CD but I keep getting the error saying something like there was an error writting to the CD half way through burning.....I want to burn them so I can get rid of the recovery partion (I need the space)So I am wondering if there is any way sony can supply me with the CD's or if I can buy them from somewere.
thanks

11 REPLIES 11
kee-lo_

Go to VAIO-Link and check if there's an update for the recovery wizard

Also get some Sony DVD's - not RW though

JohnHarrison1983
Visitor

I have tried updating so I think its a hardware problem...I really need the CD's do you know if they supply them.

thanks

JohnHarrison1983
Visitor

OK ive tried another brand of CD/DVDs...no luck 😞
i need the recovery cds desperatley because i want to completly format the drive (including th recovery partion) and install linux to sit along side windows. (to install linux on my drive i need to get rid of all the partions)

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Gibb89,

If all else fails you can buy the recovery CD's from Sony. I suggest that you give then a call - have a look here for a contact number.
Best of luck.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JohnHarrison1983
Visitor

Thanks ive been looking for an answer for ages :laughing:

do you know roughly how much they will cost?

Lizzie
Visitor

do you know roughly how much they will cost?

by right it shouldn't cost you anything, there is obviously a problem with your computer and it should get fixed. surely you will want to burn something else, a document or music onto a cd at some stage during the life time of your computer.
explain to them what is going on and you may but alas probably won't get them free.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Approx £50, but try negotiating as you have not been able to burn your own CD's. Maybe, just maybe, you will get a set for free.
Best of luck!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JohnHarrison1983
Visitor

£50 there having a laugh im not paying that much for something thats rightly mine!
Jeez now I can see why people resort to piracy! :laughing:

kee-lo_

Speak to your local CAB if they push it