Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Center Download?

profile.country.el_GR.title
gewmpoik
Visitor

Recovery Center Download?

Hello guys!

I have a VGN-FW21E. Recently my hard disc crashed so i had to buy a new one and install windows from the beginning. Now i am searching to download Vaio Recovery Center but only thing i can find is Recovery Center Update. Anyone knows something about it ??

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bijender,

As you have fitted a new hard drive Vaio Recovery Centre will be of no use to you as this requires the recovery partition to be in place in order to recover the system.

Assuming you did not create recovery media you will need to purchase a set of disks from Sony – these disks will return your notebook to ‘as delivered’, including the recovery partition, all drivers and utilities and bundled software. The cost is approx. £50 and the number to call from the UK is 0905 0310006 (Fixed: 0.35£/min) – you will be asked for the model name and serial number.

In order for this recovery media to work the replacement hard drive must be of the same sector size as the original – if the original drive was 512 bytes per sector and the replacement drive is an Advanced Format (AF) drive having 4096-byte (4 KB) sectors the disks will not work.

If it is an AF drive you have the option of purchasing and installing a retail copy of windows and then downloading and installing all Sony drivers and utilities from the support site. The software that came bundled with the system is not available for download.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
sdki99
Explorer

Spoiler
I naed Vaio sony Recovery Madia disc