Join now - be part of our community!

recovery dvd

mkotseva
Visitor

recovery dvd

Hi there, i am trying to burn recovery dvds for my vaio, but nothing happened, it said "the disc is not blank". I just bought it yesterday! What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi there.

Welcome to the forum:smileyhappy:

Is it because you are using RW or + discs? Some Sony machines get a bit moody when you try and use these types of disc.

DeeVad
Visitor

Me too, there is a bug during the process of making a saving for the reinstallation disc. I have my new Vaio since 4 days, A317 and it's the only xxxxxxxx I have on it. (I'm french so, sorry for my poor english langage)

2 kind of bugs :
- the first say me to throw my Dvd to garbage. And change it. It's the third time I change Dvd and this recovery start to be expencive.
- And sometimes the program just crash at 6% and say that he must close, and if I want I can send a report to microsoft...

Now , what can I do ?? Is someone can help me ?

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Call VAIO-Link. Ask for a recovery DVD for free.

gfaelli
Visitor

Do u think they will send a DVD? They probably will tell him to solve this problem...:smileythinking:
But anyway.. it's better try!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

RW media will not work no matter what type it is.

DeeVad
Visitor

Do u think they will send a DVD? They probably will tell him to solve this problem...:smileythinking:
But anyway.. it's better try!!

Ok ; 18 month later...

I still not receive my vaio DVD recovery disc, even if I asked.
So I decided few month after my first post here to make my recovery via 8 CD. Now, till I have my Vaio VGN-A317M I never could burn a DVD.
So, I just forgive this function. Too bad !