Join now - be part of our community!

touchpad gone crazy

antospes
Visitor

touchpad gone crazy

Hi all.
I bought a VGN-TX3HP laptop one month ago and this morning, all of a sudden, the touchpad simply went crazy. I was using and external usb mouse and the behaviour was the same with or without the mouse connected: the cursor simply goes all over the screen, clicking everywhere, then it hangs, then it starts again....
It's not a virus, I've checked twice with 2 different antivirus....
Can anybody help?
Thank you
Anto

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Anto and welcome to Club Vaio.

Have you carried out a Spyware scan?

Download Spybot Search and Destroy and run it on your system. Most antivirus programs do not check for spyware.

Once you have ruled spyware out, come back and we can look at other solutions. Have you changed the Hardware Acceleration? I assume you do not have Remote Access enabled?

:thinking:

antospes
Visitor

thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
i did not change the harware acceleration
remote access is not enabled
i've just finished running spybot, it found a few cookies, and the problem is still there.
with the external mouse is not so bad, but as I touch the touchpad, even lightly while I am typing, the cursor goes crazy again.
and I have a deadline in a week! is there a smilie that kills himself that I coud use??
:slight_frown: :slight_frown: :cry:
any other suggestion?
thank you
anto

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Anto,

Have a look in Device Manager. Start -> Right-click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager

In 'mice and other pointing devices' is your touchpad reported as a PS/2 pointing device or do you have a PS/2 Mouse listed?

If the former then I suggest that you try a system restore prior to a date when you started having the problem or reinstall the Pointing Device software. If a PS/2 mouse is listed then uninstall this (right-click on it and choose Uninstall), re-boot and let Windows discover the touchpad and re-install the correct drivers.

:wink:

antospes
Visitor

I have an Alps pointing device for VAIO installed.
I did restore the C drive as it was when I bought it.
The problem is still here.
I am taking this thing to the vendor tomorrow....
I should have bought a MAC! I knew it..... :angry:

Thank you for your help
Anto

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You could try reinstalling the Alps Pointing Device for Vaio software.

Either Google for the latest version or you can download the version for the TX from SONY USA

:wink: