Join now - be part of our community!

recovey

carolnicholls
Visitor

recovey

i have just recovery my laptop atfer killing it when I rolled it back so am bussy putting all my things back, I have however lost all my work and I am the one who says back up you work to everyone but ya I can redo it .:smileywink:
it was the 1st time I had roll the time back

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thanks for reminding me Carol, better backup a few bits and bobs!

newsnorky
Visitor

Hi! I just made some mess with my laptop using a program called: REGISTRY HELP. This stupid prog cancelled an hell of a lot of data in my registry and now I thing I got problems. All the icons that I have on the desktop, they don't woirk!! I think I better do a restore of the system as you did. Do you have any advises to give ? I appreciate anyone that can give his advice. My advice is : Stay away from the program called REGISTRY HELP!! this is a real flop and danger!! when you want to restore your backup it's not able to do it!!! It just leave you in the deep sh...!!!! And the support they say they would give you is evan worse....!!They won't give you any support at all !!! :slight_frown: :devil: :smileythinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Can you roll back in system restore?

newsnorky
Visitor

Can you roll back in system restore?

Could be , but I don't know!! I never done it before!! My operating system is Windows XP home edition. I forgot to say before that the "registry help" must have cancelled evan my drivers.....because I don't have any sound anymore.
Can you please tell me more...?[:">] :slight_smile:

TygerTyger
Visitor

Go to Start Menu>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Then choose 'Restore my computer to an earlier time. Pick a slot that is timed before you made the changes to the registry and then OK it. This should restore the registry to how it was.