Join now - be part of our community!

after cleaning the fan,my laptop out of work 55555

after cleaning the fan,my laptop out of work 55555

I just cleaned the fan for the temperature became too high. but after finishing it, my laptop failed to start. the screen is black. the fan can start in the beginning, then stop after several seconds. Anybody has some experience of that? is that some inner protection programm with the laptop?

worried Ben

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Check you have not disconnected it's power connection.

kee/lo many thx for your fast reply. Through my hard work, it finally works, lol, all the problems sloved. Look, the issue of overheating is my pain forever. I regret choosing desktop-cpu vaio.

TygerTyger
Visitor

We live and learn. Laptops are a bit temperamental, some models will overheat while other identical models will be just fine.

kee-lo_

True

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I have to say I WAS going to buy the K115S or K115M with faster and more powerful CPU, but the K115B was cheaper - so being the skinflint I chose this model, and 6 months on it works quietly and reliably... The screen issue I had seems to have "gone", DVD disks actually WORK and the HDD is fine once more... Wonder how long for though...:smileysad: :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Hopefully for a long time.

feederfan
Visitor

You think its a pain in the arse on the K11, (i believe they have celeron's) you should try it on the K29, which has a 2.8Ghz P4, Mine overheats loads, I need one of those airbomb things..anyone know anywhere that sell em cheap?

TygerTyger
Visitor

Mine also has a 2.8Ghz desktop P4 and doesn't remotely overheat, kind of proving my point lol.

kee-lo_

Maplins sells them Davo