Join now - be part of our community!

Trouble with system startup on VAIO VGN-T1XP

hsertic
Visitor

Trouble with system startup on VAIO VGN-T1XP

Dear Sir,

I have bought new Sony Vaio VGN-T1XP notebook computer two days ago. I have problems regarding system startup. On several occasions, when I want to start my computer, I push the power switch, but the screen remains dead - no initial system message shows. However, CD/DVD drive spins but nothing happens. When I switch computer on/off couple of times, computer normally starts.
Can You please suggest me what to do? Is this related to Phoenix Bios? Is there any key combination that I can use to enter bios or force the computer to start-up? Is there a BIOS update that can solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Hrvoje Sertic

4 REPLIES 4
TygerTyger
Visitor

What a nice polite question, very nice to see.

Anyway, usually the key to enter BIOS is F2, it will just be one of the other F keys if not. If there is a BIOS update, you can find it in the downloads section of http://www.vaio-link.com. I would not recommend you update the BIOS unless you are very confident, and since it is only 2 days new I would simply take it back and get it exchanged for a new one.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You want to the BIOS-setup

klick "F2" when the system is starting

(but I have a PCG-FR315S)

AHHHH I was to slowly!
You are to fast for me tyger

hsertic
Visitor

What a nice polite question, very nice to see.

Anyway, usually the key to enter BIOS is F2, it will just be one of the other F keys if not. If there is a BIOS update, you can find it in the downloads section of http://www.vaio-link.com. I would not recommend you update the BIOS unless you are very confident, and since it is only 2 days new I would simply take it back and get it exchanged for a new one.

Dear mr. Tyger,
thanks for answering. I have found out that I should press ctrl-alt-esc and then F2 to get into BIOS. However, my computer has not locked since I've found that, so I do not know if it works.
Unfortunatelly, it is quite difficult for me to take it back, since I've left England yesterday - even more, first lockup occured on the plane when I went home to Croatia.
Thanks for the help,
Hrvoje

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Woah thats some key combo.
Worse than Street Fighter