Join now - be part of our community!

reinstalling windows starter 2010

profile.country.GB.title
AndMont
New

reinstalling windows starter 2010

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VPCEJ which came preloaded with Ms Office 2010 (one of home versions I think).  I've been using it without issue for years.  I am running Windows 10.

Had a problem today in opening Word and Excel and followed online advice from Microsoft.  Big mistake.  Advice is old.  Based on it I uninstalled Microsoft Office Starter 2010 from the machine.

The next step was meant to be simple (select Office icon in the no-longer existent "all programs" menu and it would auto reinstall).  However that was for an old version of Windows and there is no equivalent means.  Now I cannot use Office at all and cannot find out how to reinstall it.

I tried a system restore twice but both attempts failed to restore the computer (no idea why).

Help!  Am I resigned to losing Office?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @AndMont, welcome to the Community.

Sadly, if you had no backup your Office suite is probably gone. 

I did find a number of suggestions online of how you might legitimately get hold of those MS apps for free, but I can't vouch for any of them.

Many articles will suggest using free online versions (eg Google) and an increasing number of individuals and organisations are going that route, as the apps are stable, they open existing MS docs and these days they're quite feature-rich. Unless you're a real MS power user, I would suggest that as your best option.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
AndMont
New

Thanks Mick

Appreciate your efforts.   I gave up the ghost and just did a full uninstall of Office.  Researching alternative products.  Lesson - never believe MS advice online.