Join now - be part of our community!

removing start up items

reaper
Visitor

removing start up items

hi

how exactly can i stop certain programes from starting as soon as the computer starts

u thought that you could just go to system drive the documents and settings then start up and just delete them but there is nothing in that folder

can someone plz tell me how i can do this

thanks regards ben

5 REPLIES 5
Andy_k
Visitor

have you tried removing them using the add/remove programs dialogue in the control panel?

If that fails you may need to do a quick search of the registry to find out where they are being called from and remove the relevent keys.

The usual caveat applies here, if you are unsure of what you are doing in the registry then leave well alone and even if you are confident, make sure you back up the registry before you start deleting stuff :slight_smile:

HTH

Andy

johnA
Visitor

To remove start-up items, go to the start menu and click run.Type MSCONFIG and click OK. This will bring up the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY. Click the START-UP tab along the top to the far right. Take the ticks out of the boxs of the programs you do not want to start-up. Restart your computer and the problem is solved...

reaper
Visitor

thanks for your help

profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

You may want to take a look here before doing anything too drastic :anguished:

reaper
Visitor

good info :smileygrin: