Join now - be part of our community!

Rendering a scene in Maya causes CPU temp > 80 deg celcius?!

the_one
Visitor

Rendering a scene in Maya causes CPU temp > 80 deg celcius?!

Hi all,

I am a little concerned that when I am rendering in Maya, within about 2 seconds my temperature readout shoots up to around 80 degrees celcius. Also the battery is VERY hot to the touch - should it be getting this hot? It is plugged in to the mains so surely shouldnt be using the battery?

Is this a case of the dodgy sony battery issue? Do i need to be worried? Any help or advice would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Resonate
Visitor

Hi all,

I am a little concerned that when I am rendering in Maya, within about 2 seconds my temperature readout shoots up to around 80 degrees celcius. Also the battery is VERY hot to the touch - should it be getting this hot? It is plugged in to the mains so surely shouldnt be using the battery?

Is this a case of the dodgy sony battery issue? Do i need to be worried? Any help or advice would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

NO THIS CERTAINLY NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN SO DO NOT KEEP IT ON FOR PROLONGED PERIODS OF TIME, ONE OF VAIO EXPERTS WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi the_one

what is the normal running temperature of your vaio..?

If your unsure, mobilemeter is a handy application to use.. :slight_smile:

If your vaio is getting hot you may need to first try clearing the cooling vents of dust with compressed air (you should be able to get this from your local PC shop), holding the can upright give the vents a short blast from a distance of approx. 10cm if you hold the can to close you could damage the fan..

If you do not notice any improvement then your vaio may need to be disassembled in order to deep clean the fan and cooling vents. :slight_frown:

Edit:Ooops forgot to Welcome you to Club vaio... :slight_smile:

the_one
Visitor

My normal temp according to NHC is 31 deg c. It only shoots up when rendering something intensive in Maya and does so in a very short period of time.

Any ideas who I should contact etc?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi the-one

Vaio-Link would be a good place to start..