Join now - be part of our community!

Replacement AC Adaptor

SOLVED
GNBGNB
New

Replacement AC Adaptor

I ordered a like for like replacement VGP-AC19V37 but they sent VGP-AC19V26 dare I use it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi GNBGNB and welcome.

The vgp-ac19v26 sent to you should be OK to use as it is exactly the same voltage (19.5v) as the vgp-ac19v37

The only difference is that the vgp-ac19v26 is capable of a higher output wattage than the vgp-ac19v37 (4,7A instead of 3.9A) and so it is usually more expensive to buy.

It would be a concern if the replacement was only capable of a lesser output and would not be powerful enough.

I think the only disadvantage is probably the price. There may be a slight advantage in recharging time - particularly when the Vaio is in use - but otherwise, little difference.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi GNBGNB and welcome.

The vgp-ac19v26 sent to you should be OK to use as it is exactly the same voltage (19.5v) as the vgp-ac19v37

The only difference is that the vgp-ac19v26 is capable of a higher output wattage than the vgp-ac19v37 (4,7A instead of 3.9A) and so it is usually more expensive to buy.

It would be a concern if the replacement was only capable of a lesser output and would not be powerful enough.

I think the only disadvantage is probably the price. There may be a slight advantage in recharging time - particularly when the Vaio is in use - but otherwise, little difference.

:wink:

GNBGNB
New

Thank you and after all that when I tried to use it it was faulty.