Join now - be part of our community!

Replacing a hard drive

profile.country.GB.title
Finkie
New

Replacing a hard drive

I have the Vaio VPCCW1S1E. The hard drive is stuck and I will need to replace it. I do not have an image of the current hard drive. I need a step by step guide to get the operating system and all programmes and drivers that were factory installed by Sony. Can anyone help with this please?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Finkie and welcome.

When you say the Hard Drive is 'stuck', does that mean you cannot boot into Windows?

Unfortunately, unless you made a set of Recovery Discs when you first got your Vaio, you will need to contact Vaio Support and buy a replacement set of discs. I think the cost is around £50.

I guess your Vaio is outside warranty, so you will need to use the premium phoneline tyo contacy Vaio Support. From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 and costs 35p per minute.

Always a good idea to make a set of Recovery Discs as these will be the only way of reinstalling the Operating System in the event of a hard Drive failure.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Finkie
New

Do you know if you get everything with the replacement set of discs? Things like drivers etc etc or is it just an operating system?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It will return your Vaio back to factory condition as it was when you bought it - including all preinstalled software programs and all drivers.

You will have to run all the Windows Updates and Vaio Updates to update the system since that date.

:thinking: