Join now - be part of our community!

restore at factory status my VPCY11S1E

SOLVED
profile.country.it_IT.title
DuDDu289
Visitor

restore at factory status my VPCY11S1E

Hi at all !! I`m new, nice to be here. I have bought an used soni vaio , model VPCY11S1E .

the problem is that I have formatted all the 3 partitions that were ( OEM,system and primary)and put a new installation in one of this of a windows 7 home edition  version from usb. Well... this version of windows is different, i think to have lost the ``vaio``part 

I know that I have wrong that wasn`t the right procedure, but now how i can reset my vaio at fabricversion ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Duddu289,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As you have formatted the partitions of your vaio the following may not work..

To recover from the recovery area

On models with the ASSIST button

1 Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Click Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

3 Follow the on-screen instructions.

On models without the ASSIST button

1 Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears.

If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Select Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

If the above does not work then you can purchase a set of recovery discs from Vaio support which should allow  you to restore the original Vaio supplied OS and applications..

To locate the contact details for vaio support either click Support at the top of this page or click the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Duddu289,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As you have formatted the partitions of your vaio the following may not work..

To recover from the recovery area

On models with the ASSIST button

1 Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.

2 Click Start recovery wizard.

On models without the ASSIST button

1 Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears.

If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.

2 Select Start recovery wizard.

If the above does not work then you can purchase a set of recovery discs from Vaio support which should allow  you to restore the original Vaio supplied OS and applications..

To locate the contact details for vaio support either click Support at the top of this page or click the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

profile.country.it_IT.title
DuDDu289
Visitor

Hi Thalamus, thanks for answer.  So with recovery disc from sony i can restor all like new?

The problem is that my vaio model doesn`t have the cd/dvd . How I could do ?

That famous DVD by sony for restore, why the don`t came with vaio too??  There a way to download somewere? maybe putting on an usb bootable ?

Let me kwno please.

Best regards.