Join now - be part of our community!

Restore Disks!!

profile.country.en_IE.title
fiomurph
Visitor

Restore Disks!!

Hi lads, I need your help!! from the experts, I bought my VGN-FS515E through Ebay, and it didnt come with any Restore Disks or CDs!! how do I get them,, there is a Licence Sticker on bottom of laptop! but thats it!
Any advice please, (Dumb Blonde) !! :laughing:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi carlowlass,

See if you can make your own Recovery Discs first. You will need two DVD+R blank discs.

Start -> All Programs -> VAIO Recovery Tool -> VAIO Recovery Utility

Does the Recovery Utility start? If so choose to 'Create a Media Recovery Kit' and follow the instructions to burn your own Recovery DVDs.

If the original Operating System has been changed this may not work and you will then need to contact Sony Vaio-Link Support HERE and purchase a set of discs from them for about €30.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi carlowlass,

If you are unable to find or run the Vaio Recovery utility as Blencogo suggested, then try the following before you contact Vaio link.

Your Vaio has a hidden HDD recovery partition recovery partition and as long as it has not been deleted you should be able to recover your vaio back to the original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

If that does not work then you will have to contact Vaio-Link to purchase a new set of recovery DVD's.