Join now - be part of our community!

Rfresh rate propblem [:(]

Bleh
Visitor

Rfresh rate propblem [:(]

Hi all
Just bought my new VGN-FE31H and cant set up my monitor refresh rate higher then 60 Hertz at any resolution rate , also found out that my monitor drivers are dated back to 2001 - which is weird. Tried to update them through properties , it couldnt find any 😞

When I try to play 3d games it looks as if it lags all the time , I reckon it's due to the low refresh rate.

So my questions are obvious how do I change my monitor refresh rate and where do I get drivers for the display?
(tried google and sony sites not a chance:()

Thank you in advance for your time

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

You can't change the monitor refresh rate, Strictly speaking, LCD screens don't have a refresh rate, they have pixel latency and increasing the refresh rate in windows would probably cause lower quality output.

The latest Sony drivers will be a Vaio-Link although there is a good chance that they haven't been updated since the year dot.

There are hacked drivers on the web that will work on a mobile chipset but they could have unforeseen effects and aren't recommended by Sony.

Bleh
Visitor

Holly crap , I didnt know that , you mean you cant change it by any other possible and impossible way, man that's the only thing which upsets me down with my new laptop.

Yeah I also tried that sony link, apparently they dont have the drivers too.

Thanks for your help too.