Join now - be part of our community!

Hibernate and API

catrapumba
Visitor

Hibernate and API

I often get the message 'not enough resources to complete the API' when I press hibernate. Then hibernate becomes unavailable.

It happens more often if i am streaming internet radio.

Any solutions? I also have a ACER with no such problem.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi catrapumba and welcome to ClubVaio.

This is a known Windows XP bug on systems with 1 GB of RAM (or more) or on systems where the RAM has been upgraded.

There is a hotfix available at Microsoft - but I would read this FORUM THREAD before you install it.

:wink:

fierce
Visitor

hi,

I have the same problem, recently bought this viao notebook, i get 'not sufficient API ' when i try to hibernate.

You provide a link to a website that deals with this but as an relatively inexperended forum user i get lost finding out from all that text what it is i need to do to fix it. There seems to be a link to a microsoft XP sp2 hotfix but i cant find it on that page you link to. Can you spell out what needs to be done?

Many thanks

Mike

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mike,

You can follow the instructions on this link but on reading the thread that Blencogo posted it would appear this does not always solve the problem..:smileysad:

Also on the hotfix page Microsoft have posted this Note: It is still possible to experience a hibernation problem after you install this fix if the memory becomes highly fragmented. The speed at which this problem manifests is dependent on the software that you run and your particular usage model.

fierce
Visitor

tx for yr toughts. However i have been getting this message on and off from day one that i bought this viao brand new about a month ago , so even before loading files or programmes on it. The only thing i did was put an extra 1 G memory in when i bought it but that was according to specifications and in the extra slot provided. So are you saying mayb my viao is not good and should be retruned for a memory tune up or sumthing??

fierce
Visitor

i just followed the link and downloaded the patch, however upon running it a message comes up saying that the servicepack version installed already on my computr is newer than the the update i am trying to apply. So it does not seem to make much sense to apply that particular patch. Other options???

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mike,

Have you tried removing the extra 1G memory module, then see if your Vaio now hibernates..