Join now - be part of our community!

Rip off

ChrisJ345
Visitor

Rip off

My 40GB player is still under warranty until May this year so i phoned them up to see if the battery can be replaced( i only get about 4 hours playback and its been like this since i bought it). i was told that batterys are not covered, so i asked how much they cost to buy...
after being put on hold for a little while i was told they cannot send me one out as Sony dont support us changing batterys and i would have to send the player in to Sony to get it changed, i then asked how much this would cost. i was then hit with the price of £219, my god i could buy a video mp4 player for that and have change, this is shocking and im never buying sony again.

anyone else had any problems with the battery??:smileycry:

1 REPLY 1
nickkr
Visitor

4 hours playback seems very short and may well indicate your battery had a problem right from the start and should by rights be fixed under warranty.
Sony are likely to try to wiggle out of their warranty responibilities relating to batteries which they are probably correct in stating are not covered.

However, you have missed the obvious.

The player IS STILL UNDER WARRENTY.

Take it back to where you bought it as , franky , it's their problem NOT YOURS!!!

The £219 to fix it is b*ll*cks

The battery is probably available from SONY spares. Page 29 of the manual clearly shows it is intended for the user to be able to replace the battery.
Don't give up so easily...
:slight_smile: