Join now - be part of our community!

RX1 - Motherboard Problems

profile.country.GB.title
jutler123

RX1 - Motherboard Problems

Ive had my RX1 for over two years now and it given me trouble free use until now.
I cannot seem to get the machine started. When i switch the machine on, the CD-ROM activity light on the front panel stays lit and the machine will not even go to the POST screen.
I have found that when I disconnect the power from the system and remove the battery on the motherboard (which keeps the settings for the bios) and then re-insert the battery and power it up again, it works.
Once I do this, I get to the POST screen and get the message that the CMOS data is wrong and defaults are loaded. If I go into the bios to change the settings and then exit and reboot the machine, I get nothing. The monitor doesnt even get a signal from the machine. If however I do not go into the bios and just continue, I can get to windows and use the PC until I shut down after which back to square one. Anyone have any idea of what I can do?

2 REPLIES 2
VAIOneer
Visitor

Try replacing the BIOS battery with a new one.Sounds like the one you have isn't keeping enough charge to keep all the BIOS data.

noun
1. a Club VAIO member who is one of the first to do something.
2. a Club VAIO member who helps establish a community.
adj.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of early members: the VAIOneer spirit.

profile.country.GB.title
jutler123

yeah ill try that, hopefully that'll sort out the problem. Is there anything else I can do should this not work?