Join now - be part of our community!

SAFEGUARD PRIVATEDISK

amj.designs
Visitor

SAFEGUARD PRIVATEDISK

I HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES CONTACTING SONY ABOUT THIS PROGRAM THAT IS IN MY LAPTOP AND I HAVE BEING TRYING TO UNINSTALL,SONY COULD NOT HELP.THEY MAKE SURE THEY PUT THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE & PROGRAM ON YOUR LAPTOP BUT YET THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP.I HAVE SENT 6 EMAILS TO THE MANUFACTER BUT YET NO REPLY.YOU CANNOT UNINSTALL IN ADD & REMOVE OR DELETE IN PROGRAM FILES EVEN ON THEIR SITE THERE IS NO REMOVAL TOOL AND THIS IS ONLY A TRIAL VERSION.HAS ANYONE GOT AN IDEA HOW TO UNINSTALL IT THANKS

12 REPLIES 12
amj.designs
Visitor

well do i delete?the model is vgn-fj1s/w

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

OK I will find the link for you for your model and get back to you but in essence that is how you do it

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is the key you should navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall

Find the orphaned or, invalid software entry from the list (presumably ‘SAFEGUARD PRIVATEDISK’) and delete it. Close the registry editor.

Use this edit ONLY if all folders and files have been removed but the program is still showing up in Add/Remove programs.

If you are having difficulty removing the program or Folders/Files try in Safe mode (tap F8 at boot for this option).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat