Join now - be part of our community!

SCREEN COLOURS ARE WRONG

Walko
Visitor

SCREEN COLOURS ARE WRONG

Hi,

I am designing some web graphics and on my Sony Vaio (A series) the colours which are Tan, (designed on a desktop) comeout pinkish on my Sony Vaio.

Can anyone help me and tell me how to sort this out.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Have you calibrated your vaio with the adobe gamma loader which comes with Adobe Elements? If not go to Image/adjust/gamma. Windows uses 2.2 gamma setting whereas Mac uses 1.8 which means it will be darker in Windows and when you test your web you get unexpected results. Image Ready in photoshop has a handy gamma adjustment facility. Go to the help files in your elements and they will give you the low down.

Walko
Visitor

Can anyone help me with this ?

Thought it would be a common problem?

I am using Macromedia Fireworks to produce the grpahics but it shows the same in Windows Image viewer aswell.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Go to the help files in fireworks. Or if you still have a decent program like abobe elements then go to the control panels and click on the adobe gamma and it has a step by step IEE color profile wizard. I stopped using Fireworks ages ago it is so limited compared with Photoshop CS2 so I don't have it installed. maybe someone does and can help point you to the help files too LOL

jcwacky
Visitor

I'm having exactly the same problem on my GRT786M.

I have tried using the Adobe Gamma wizard, but it just make my screen look like a hippy, and makes the colors just stupidy crazy. Some one told me you could he a calibrator for the vaios with Nvida graphics card, which was like a little bit of paper with different shades of blue on it and some software to calibrate the screen.

I've look on vaio-link but can't find anything.

Can anyone help me? The colours on my screen are nothing like all other TFT's!