Join now - be part of our community!

Screen problems after standby mode

musicalmidget
Visitor

Screen problems after standby mode

Hi.

I've got a VAIO PCG-K315B which is about 6 months old. I've noticed recently that when I attempt to "wake-up" the machine from standby mode, the lights on the front of the laptop begin to flash as if it is running normally, but the screen remains black and nothing happens. All I can do is hold down the power button to reboot the machine. 😕

I've searched for solutions on the main website but have been unable to find anything. I'm not sure if this is related, but I reinstalled the default display drivers the other day, which is about the same time I started having this problem.

If anyone could suggest anything, I would very much appreciate the advice.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

5 REPLIES 5
musicalmidget
Visitor

No suggestions? :slight_frown:

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Sorry, I have no idea.:smileysad:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If it is the re-install of the display drivers that is the culprit it may be worth trying to `roll back¿ the drivers using device manager, but if they are the same drivers I am not sure that this will work.
An alternative is to restore your system to a date prior to re-installing the drivers (Windows System Restore).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If that fails then I think you should contact VAIO-Link

musicalmidget
Visitor

I attempted to roll back the display driver but unfortunately this didn't seem to work. However, whilst I was in the device manager, I noticed that the display hardware was listed under "Unknown Devices" instead of under "Display Adapters". I then tried tried to reinstall the driver and I think this seems to have worked.

Always something simple. :tongue:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. :slight_smile: