Join now - be part of our community!

SCREEN PROBLEMS

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

SCREEN PROBLEMS

Help! I have just noticed the Screen on my Vaio A317m has gone blotchy, it is on about half the screen in squares and rectangles,
it is noticable when the screen is black, I thought it was dust patches but it`s behind the panel and will not come off.

Anybody got any ideas, please

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That's going to require professional help

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

PHEW!, Panic over,

I have had chance to look more closely today, it`s amazing it is just dirt, I could`nt belive my eyes, it was square and rectangle shapes on the screen.

I never rub my screen with dusters, I use an static cleaner brush,

I am paranoid about my screen, any speck of dust and out comes the brush.

Anyway I used a damp microfibre cloth today and all is well.

I nearly slashed my wrists last night, the thouht of my beautiful screen going toes up does not bear thinking about

kee-lo_

"Brush", sounds abrasive to me...
I use a lint free cloth I bought for 50p, it does a great finish on the LCD, no marks

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

No the brush is very soft, it`s called a dust buster, it`s a bit like the big dusters that you buy, you shake then and all the bristles stand on end, you then flick it across the screen and it rermoves all dust, you can then clean with a cloth knowing there is no grit/dust particles on the screen.

always remove dust before using cloth, because if you dont you are rubbing the dust into the screen which will scrach it

kee-lo_

Like the Pledge thing then?