Join now - be part of our community!

Screensaver not working on PCG-GRZ615M

profile.country.en_GB.title
1234567ty
Visitor

Screensaver not working on PCG-GRZ615M

HI everyone,

I have a PCG-GRZ615M, and the screensaver does not initilize. The screen will flash three times, and then go back onto the open executible. Any ideas as to what is wrong??!

Harry

54 REPLIES 54
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Which screensaver are you using and does it work using preview?
As a matter over interest try disabling you anti-virus software and see if it makes any difference.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
1234567ty
Visitor

I have tried a load of screensavers, and none work, but they do preview. I have stardust screen saver installed, and it says on sys start that it cannot load, it has encountered an error.

I disabled NAV and that did not work.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If they preview then it is likely to be a program loaded at start up that is preventing initialisation. I can only suggest that you try disabling start up programs (Start > Run > `msconfig¿ > Startup tab) one at a time, until you find the culprit.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
1234567ty
Visitor

Sorry rich912, I said that they do preview, they dont actually!!
I tried the msconfig, but with no effect.

kee-lo_

Thats strange
Have you done a virus check Harry?

BTW long time no see, hope all is good?

1234567ty
Visitor

BTW-Means what, forgive my ignorance!?

I am in the process of doing a virus scan, and i will see what comes up. It also takes a very very long time for me to spool a doc, but when the data is transferred, print speeds are normal. Do u think that these 2 are connected?

Yep Long time no see. That it true for sure, i have had a shedload of work, and have not been able to devote the time to the VAIO Forum! GCSE's are nxt yr, and so it is a bit frantic with courseworks etc.. Maybe i can post the odd post now and again...

I do hope that you all are in good keeping, and that you had a happy christmas and easter!

Harry

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Harry, BTW = 'by the way'
Spooling speed could very well be connected to the problem. Good luck with the scan and the GCSE's next year:smileygood_luck:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
1234567ty
Visitor

Ahem, Time to stop said virus scan due to annoying housemaster telling me to go to bed! Geez, its earlier than usual!
I will redo the virus scan tomorrow.- BTW!!

Thank you rich for the good luck, GCSE's are a long way off yet though!

Harry

kee-lo_

Housemaster? Are you in boarding school?
Good luck with the GCSEs man
Oh and with the virus scans.