Join now - be part of our community!

Screensaver not working on PCG-GRZ615M

profile.country.en_GB.title
1234567ty
Visitor

Screensaver not working on PCG-GRZ615M

HI everyone,

I have a PCG-GRZ615M, and the screensaver does not initilize. The screen will flash three times, and then go back onto the open executible. Any ideas as to what is wrong??!

Harry

54 REPLIES 54
1234567ty
Visitor

Just crashed, had to reboot, and am now disobeying HM, but i will finally be going to bed!

Yes, I do board at secondary school, and merci, keelo, once again for the good luck.

Harry
DOB: 8.1.1990, as said in my profile!

kee-lo_

Must suck not going home at weekends.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Must suck not going home at weekends.?

It has other advantages Ke-Lo, if you play your cards right (speaks the voice of experience)

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
1234567ty
Visitor

...it has other advantages... well humm, i am going to leave that one open to your imagination! It does suck a bit, though.

I left my computer on in the end, overnight. The virus scan did not pick up anything. I tried to run liveupdate, but it kept on saying that it was already running. Yes, it was running since 7 last night, and is still going! What do you think that could be.:smileycry:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Some viruses/malware do not show up when scanned in normal startup mode. Try both an ad/spyware and a virus scan in Safe Mode.
Have you had a look at Windows Task Manager to see what processes are running? You may find that an unwanted application is hogging the CPU.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kee-lo_

Trying to think of advantages LOL

1234567ty
Visitor

I have run spyware and adware/malware scans, and they have not picked a single thing up. I am still mystified by the liveupdate console always running. also, in taskman, you cannot end any symantec Norton2005 prog, is this normal??

Harry

kee-lo_

No usually you can stop something of NAV

Can you reinstall Norton Anti-Virus?

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I have run spyware and adware/malware scans, and they have not picked a single thing up.

It would be useful if you delete the Browser Cache and the Cookies too.

1234567ty
Visitor

Ahem, guys i hate to say this, but i delete the cache and cookies regularly using privacy mantra, so it does help, but does not solve the prob. I will try and reinstall NAV if i get the time!!!

Harry