Join now - be part of our community!

Sick Motion Eye

Bisto1
Visitor

Sick Motion Eye

Got my TRiMP 3 years ago but only recently started using it.
Its great but the in-built camera has stopped working. Don't know if it's a hard or sofware prob. The indicator light comes on but only dark images come through in both vid and still. If I touch the camera the on-screen diplay shows whites lines.

Anyone out there have similar experience. Can it be remedied? Any advice welcome.
Dermot

3 REPLIES 3
prymaka
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem on my TR2MP. There are literally thousands of posts and viewings of this subject on other forums, and the concensus seems to be that the camera driver simply does not work with XP SP2. Allegedly it is OK with SP1, and I am in the process of obtaining some original Sony recovery DVDs so I can reinstall exactly as it was, ie SP1 only. (I bought my TR2 second hand with no recovery disks, and SP2 installed). I'll let you know how I get on, but it would be nice if Sony had a camera driver that worked with SP2.

Bisto1
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem on my TR2MP. There are literally thousands of posts and viewings of this subject on other forums, and the concensus seems to be that the camera driver simply does not work with XP SP2. Allegedly it is OK with SP1, and I am in the process of obtaining some original Sony recovery DVDs so I can reinstall exactly as it was, ie SP1 only. (I bought my TR2 second hand with no recovery disks, and SP2 installed). I'll let you know how I get on, but it would be nice if Sony had a camera driver that worked with SP2.

Thanks for this. Do please keep me posted on your trial.
Agree that if this problem is so common that Sony ought to demonstrate some customer responsibility by redressing the problem.

prymaka
Visitor

Fun and games with Sony - the expensive recovery disks I bought from Sony tell me that my TR2MP is not a TR2MP, so the reversion to ex-factory software is somewhat delayed. More research shows me that the XP SP2 driver theory is lookinmg like the problem. Most TR owners quietly tolerate the lack of a camera. Although I don't really need the samera I hate having something that doesn't work!