Join now - be part of our community!

Sigmatel CXD9872 High Definition Audio Codec

profile.country.en_GB.title
julius0202
Visitor

Sigmatel CXD9872 High Definition Audio Codec

Hi there. Does anyone know when sony are going to release official drivers for the above sound device for vista... i am using the drivers installed with vista however they are crap. I notice that if i have sound playing through my speakers and i plug my headphones in the front it causes the player to stop and it comes up with some crappy error. In windows MCE it was fine i could plug them in whenever and it would cause no problems at all.
I notice also in my Sony Sound Forge software i can record but when i play sound back it comes up with an error message saying that speaker is not supported.
Any help would be great guys... cheers
Aaron

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Aaron,

Is there an update for your Vaio here ..?

If not Sony have stated:-

Windows Vista drivers and utilities are in development and will be released by the end of March 2007.

Bonce11
Visitor

I have a similar problem. Playback of a 1Gb WAV file in soundforge is very choppy, it basically renders soundforge unusable, and audio editing / CD burning is the primary reason I bought this laptop.

Couple this audio problem with the fact that I bought Nero 7 on Saturday (which the website claims is vista certified) only to find that it doesn't install on Vista, I've got a very nice looking fast, but utterly useless audio editing and cd burning laptop. :slight_frown: :cry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
julius0202
Visitor

I have solved the problem myself... what u need to do is download the drivers off this website (the spreadsheet looking page) then extract the files. You need to then run every application you can see in the extracted folder (it will say application towards the right) once i done this, it installed perfectly and now in my device manager etc it states its a sigmatel high definition codec and i can now unplug my headphones at the front listen to it through the speakers and plug them bak in and they work again without any stupid error messages coming up. Thank the lord! My next target is to solve my sleep button problem... it goes to sleep fine when i push the button however it takes quite some time to wake up when i push enter... not the 2 seconds they quote!!!