Join now - be part of our community!

Sky Digital and Broadband

Phil772
Visitor

Sky Digital and Broadband

Hi,
Apologies if this is a bit off topic. I have sky didgital and was wondering how it works with broadband phone filters provided with ADSL modems. Should it plug into the phoneline part of the filter like a normal phone? What does sky digital use on the phone line? ADSL?

If anyone can rescue me from my ignorance on this matter I'd appreciate it. :thinking:

Thanks
Phil

16 REPLIES 16
GBS
Visitor

Hi

I was surprised to see this post as I have had no problems. We have Onetel broadband. I have plugged the tel cable from Sky box into one filter, and the telephone into the other filter (yes, onetel even send 2 filters, nice of them hey). No problems, and have just checked in case I had missed something, so I am not sure it is sky's probelm (though they are power crazy zealots).

cheers
Graham

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

PIPEX sold us 3 for £2

Akanksha
Visitor

Telewest does its job best, in fact in the future, we may have cabletv over broadband like in some places in Europe, so that rules out sky completely! But then again, who wants all those wires?

By the way, completely off the topic, saw TT's avatar - Jennifer Aniston,
did you know she and Brad split up this morning, isnt that awful ? :slight_frown: ahem! Brad's available again
:tongue: :heart_eyes: :tongue:

TygerTyger
Visitor

They split up? Excellent, now she can stop making excuses about why she hasn't called, the tease.

kee-lo_

Hehe they probably wouldn't look twice at us, we need to have like 100000000 quid

TygerTyger
Visitor

They? Well I'm only interested in her, but far be it for me to judge those who swing like a barn door.

Nah, only joking.

kee-lo_

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: