Join now - be part of our community!

Sleeve/Bag for VGN-AW11MH

profile.country.en_GB.title
psej71
Visitor

Sleeve/Bag for VGN-AW11MH

Hello all :smileygrin:

Newbie here...and just purchased my first ever Sony Vaio laptop and boy am I impressed...in fact I have never had a laptop that is as good as this. Absolutely LOVING it....

My problem is though that I am terrified of the case being scratched or damaged when not in use and also how to carry it outside the home. So I need a protective sleeve and a bag. I have checked the official Sony shop site and was dismayed to find that they do not sell a sleeve for this model, the 17" is the largest they seem to do. I know there is a specific bag for the AW series but it is rather steep at £120 :cry:

I have searched and searched but nothing seems suitable on amazon, ebay etc. I really want Vaio branded items...but I suppose that as that doesn't look possible that I will have to settle for something similar and of good quality.

Can anyone help me? It would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
psej71
Visitor

**UPDATE**

Just spoke to Sony Style shop on the phone...and they have advised that surprising though it is, there is only the 1 bag that they stock that would fit and it is the £119 one. They also do not have cover/sleeve for this laptop either...I find this VERY odd...considering how expensive this laptop is..you would think they would have every imaginable accessory!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Paul and welcome to Club Vaio.

I sympathise.

I had a similar problem when the AR-Series came out. Although it is a 17 inch laptop, it will not fit in normal 17 inch bags because it is too wide.

The only bag it would fit in was the Vaio Backpack VGP-EMB03 (shown below). It was a tight fit so your AW, which is 20mm longer and 10mm wider won't fit this one.

I think the reason is that you need a truck to carry the AW about not a bag!!!!

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Amazingly the AW does fit into the Vaio Backpack VGP-EMB03.

I know it is not listed as an accessory for this model but it does fit – albeit snugly..

:wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
psej71
Visitor

Thanks Rich for the info..

Cheers

Paul :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Nice one Rich.