Join now - be part of our community!

Slow wifi/internet speed on a Vaio SVF15aa1qm touchscreen

profile.country.GB.title
fariss55
New

Slow wifi/internet speed on a Vaio SVF15aa1qm touchscreen

Hello everyone, I upgraded a VAIO svf 15aa1qm from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and at the same time I upgraded my home broadband to fibre. All the machines in the house (laptops, tablets and phones) are showing around 50Meg. download speed except for the sony Vaio, it shows 6Meg. even when it's placed right next to the router. Does anyone here know of any fixes for the problem? if it is fixable. Thanks in advance. Fariss

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi fariss55 and welcome.

This sounds like a Wi-fi driver problem - the old driver may have been lost depending on your choices you made when you installed Windows 10.

Try going to the Sony Support website for your model and download and install the latest Broadcom Wi-fi driver available there.

To find the Support page you will need the correct Product name for your Vaio - it is hidden under the battery and you will need to take it out to find it. Your Product name will probably be something starting SVF15A1xxx or SVF1512xxx.

Here is is the Support page link for the product SVF15A1M2E as an example:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-svf-series/svf15a1m2e

I seem to remember a few years ago there were some driver problems with the Vaio Fit Wi-Fi and users were using Broadcom drivers from various sources on the internet and some users changed the plug in Wi-fi module to an Intel card but I assume this was fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
fariss55
New

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Thanks for the swift reply to my enquiry about the slow broadband speed, much appreciated. I will have a go at installing the Broadcom wifi driver. Thanks again.