Join now - be part of our community!

Will a VAIO Sony PC works with NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 Graphic Cards?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
lghada
New

Will a VAIO Sony PC works with NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 Graphic Cards?

Hi, I have a sony VAIO VPCEB15FM PC with Intel Core i3 M330 2.13 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, Windows 10 OS, 64-bit. I am trying to boost the performance of my laptop by adding an external GPU from NVIDIA. I am thinking about the GeForce NVIDIA GT 710 Graphic Cards. Is it compatible with my computer? If not, can you please recommend one. I am looking for a low-end card (1GB DDR 3 will do). I appreciate your help. 

Thank you, 

Ghada  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ghada and welcome.

Graphics cards like the GT 710 are made to fit in the expansion slots inside a desktop computer. Apart from a few very expensive laptops you cannot upgrade the graphics performance.

The Graphics in your Vaio are part of the i3 processor and can’t be upgraded even by updating the processor.

The Intel GMA HD is a compromise for laptops to keep the cost down. All you can do is make sure you are using the latest Intel graphics driver.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ghada and welcome.

Graphics cards like the GT 710 are made to fit in the expansion slots inside a desktop computer. Apart from a few very expensive laptops you cannot upgrade the graphics performance.

The Graphics in your Vaio are part of the i3 processor and can’t be upgraded even by updating the processor.

The Intel GMA HD is a compromise for laptops to keep the cost down. All you can do is make sure you are using the latest Intel graphics driver.