Join now - be part of our community!

Some questions!

JohnUAL
Visitor

Some questions!

Hi, I have a notebook VGN-A295HP, i bought it last week.

1º-My cpu is always lower then the expected (1700Mhz)! How can i make it run always at maximum speed?

2º-When i run some games, like fifa 2005 and nfsu2, my screen doesn't wide? Is this normal? Can i change that?

3º Can i upgrade cpu and memory without loosing warranty?

4º There is any way to change my graphic chip to a ati 9700 from a VGN-197(it's another notebook model)?

Thanks and sorry my english.:smileywink:

7 REPLIES 7
TygerTyger
Visitor

I'll go in reverse order.....

4. the VGN-197 is not a graphics card, it sounds more like a Vaio laptop. At any rate, a graphics card in a laptop cannot be changed.

3. CPU cannot be upgraded in a laptop. You can change the RAM without losing warranty.

2. Please explain what you mean by strain?

1. I suspect since your notebook is fairly new that is has a CPU that alters clock speed to save power when you don't need it. That's entirely normal, if you run a processor-intensive game and check the CPU speed again I'm sure it will be running at it's maximum.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL Tyger you have to be awkward don't you!

Please explain this "strain"

TygerTyger
Visitor

Hey I'm an amphibian you could cut me some slack on my arithmatic lol. I wonder if he means his games aren't running in high resolution?

kee-lo_

Hehehe

I have no idea....:smileyidea:

TygerTyger
Visitor

:bulb: Looks like Ian Hislop....

William
Visitor

Tyger,

It is possible to change the CPU on a laptop, unless you already have the fastest in whatever family of processor is fitted.

Usual rules apply - same type, same socket, same FSB, same voltage and only as fast as the Mobo chipset supports.

Not for the faint hearted.

This will definately void any remaining warranty:smileygrin:

William

kee-lo_

William he meant CPU speed not changing the actual CPU.