Join now - be part of our community!

Sonic Stage wont recognise pocket vaio!!!!!

Tealeaf
Visitor

Sonic Stage wont recognise pocket vaio!!!!!

I need help desperately!! i was given a pocket vaio (20gb) as a gift on xmas woo hoo!! but i havent been able to use it yet as sonic stage or VAIO music transfer recognises it, instead windows xp see's it as a removable hard drive (sony HMP-U01 usb device).

i've updated the firmware to the current version, sonic stage 2.3 and music transfer. i've also tried to update the driver in the device manager and uninstall it to no avail, i've also uninstalled and reinstalled sonic stage and music tranfer.

I've read other posts on here and i tried going through sonic stage - controls - device/media - initial device, this is greyed out and wont let me do this. The other option seems to be formatting windows but i cant see how this would help and this is a very very last resort.

So basically all i've got is a very small and very expensive hard drive which if this problem doesnt get sorted will be a very small and very expensive football!!!

any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.

25 REPLIES 25
AgentSmith
Visitor

You have the same problem as me. Windows is ment to see the VAIO as a removable drive so no problem there.

Did it work before you updated to the new firmware and SonicStage?

I have tryed all sorts of things to try to get it to work but my only solution seems to be a format and reinstall of my OS. A reformat for me is out of the question as the amount of software and games I have installed and configured would just drive me insane to setup again.

Tealeaf
Visitor

I dont know if it worked before the updates as i didnt try it because i knew there were updates available when i was installing it the first time.

Psaila
Visitor

Please Read As You Are Able .

New Features of the Latest Firmware (ver. 3.0) for the VAIO POCKET

This pdf file is one for the " SAVE FILE OPTION "

As I only got my VAIO POCKET on the 24th of this month, Reading and And playing with the stunning option's will not let me put it down .

And would I swap for iPODs ................................... NO WAY

or 3..... or 4......... "Need I go On "

nwcpn
Visitor

I had to put all three updates on - even through I don't use MP3 files.

Try changing the usb socket - mine would not recognise the vaio throgh the standard socket on the motherboard, but does find it on a usb powered hub (how stupid it that?).....also, launch sonic stage, switch the vaio on BEFORE putting it on the cradle, then insert it. Wait 2 minutes, and if not found, then try again. By the way, you can tell if it's connected by tooking at the sonic stage transfer tab - the black square should display it.

I can't understand why Sony did not write some decent machine code into the updates....it appears that hundreds of people are having this problem. We were due to demonstrate this product on TV, but have held back due to the serious compatability problems with service pack 2.

Come on Sony, get your act together!

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

could it be a power supply problem then? i have certainly found mine transfers data much quicker with the unit plugged in than without, especially if the battery is low

Tealeaf
Visitor

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ok i've a BIG problem now. i tried reinstalling the firmware update and now my pocket vaio wont even switch on!!!:smileycry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

AgentSmith
Visitor

what process did you go through to re-install the firmware?

AgentSmith
Visitor

Please Read As You Are Able .

New Features of the Latest Firmware (ver. 3.0) for the VAIO POCKET

This pdf file is one for the " SAVE FILE OPTION "

As I only got my VAIO POCKET on the 24th of this month, Reading and And playing with the stunning option's will not let me put it down .

And would I swap for iPODs ................................... NO WAY

or 3..... or 4......... "Need I go On "

With this problem i'm having wright now withe the Vaio, the iPod is looking very tempting.

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

yes, ipods are tempting, but they break.. my vaio is a replacement for the ipod i have. it's a first gen 5gb version, it's been replaced by apple twice and i'm now in the process if attempting to recover around 3gbs of data that the latest one has corrupted. but it's out of warranty now, so apple won't care, and it would take far too much time to try and ring them up (if you do go for an ipod and have a problem i hope you like call queues and rude customer sevice departments...)