Join now - be part of our community!

VGC - V2S

valiants
Visitor

VGC - V2S

Hi all
Would appreciate overall views on performance, with any downsides.
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
WARPEDMIND
Visitor

Hi
I have the VGC-V2M, the only difference i believe is the size of the hard drive and monitor 17" widescreen 200 gig hd..
Overall it is a very good machine apart from the dvd this is very flimsy, you have to be very carefull inserting a cd, i have never been able to write at 8 speed on an dvd brand + or - maximum has been 6x , another problem i think is not being able to turn of the monitor this may not be a problem for most people but my machine is on 24hr 7days a week, you can ajust the power settings to turn it of after a set number minutes (when not in use) but if you want to record or convert what you have recorded the monitor just wont go off, this may be just my complaint but i would prefer to turn of the monitor without turning the machine off.
With all that said it is a very good machine and more then capable of anything ive wanted it to do.
Hopethis has helped.

Frowjay
Visitor

Hi,

I have had my new VGC-V2S for a week now & can honestly say it is the best PC on the market.

Need I say more?? lol

Hope you buy one soon but would recommend online as you will save a fortune.

Best Wishes

Trevor

www.ukhaunted.com
www.hauntedtruth.com

tags
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem with my V2S. I have power settings setup to switch off the monitor after a set time period of inactivity. But switch off the monitor if there is any videio apps running (anything using video overlays etc). Is it worth lobbying Sony for an application to be written, I forsee a problem for me in the future. I plane to put a tv-sender on my video out to send the picture to the plasma downstairs so that i can watch downloaded films. The V2s is in the bedroom and when i am watching downstairs, i need the monitor to power off so that it doesnt annoy the girlfriend as she is trying to sleep. Another interesting thing, if you have a Sony Ericson K700i and a bluetooth adaptor in your V2S, you can remotely control the pc's desktop and media player via bluetooth. This would be ideal for sarting and stopping films from downstairs. Come-on sony, sort this out. I have my ideal set-up just being hampered by the screen not being allowed to be powered off. By the way, it cant be difficult as it only needs a function key like on notebooks where you can switch screen on screen off etc. On my last notebook, it also tv/pc. Anybody close to sony have any thoughts??