Join now - be part of our community!

Sonic Stage wont recognise pocket vaio!!!!!

Tealeaf
Visitor

Sonic Stage wont recognise pocket vaio!!!!!

I need help desperately!! i was given a pocket vaio (20gb) as a gift on xmas woo hoo!! but i havent been able to use it yet as sonic stage or VAIO music transfer recognises it, instead windows xp see's it as a removable hard drive (sony HMP-U01 usb device).

i've updated the firmware to the current version, sonic stage 2.3 and music transfer. i've also tried to update the driver in the device manager and uninstall it to no avail, i've also uninstalled and reinstalled sonic stage and music tranfer.

I've read other posts on here and i tried going through sonic stage - controls - device/media - initial device, this is greyed out and wont let me do this. The other option seems to be formatting windows but i cant see how this would help and this is a very very last resort.

So basically all i've got is a very small and very expensive hard drive which if this problem doesnt get sorted will be a very small and very expensive football!!!

any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.

25 REPLIES 25
Psaila
Visitor

With this problem i'm having wright now withe the Vaio, the iPod is looking very tempting.

I understand , But If you Link to here

All Is Explained

Register as a new user And Your confirmation E mail sends you A direct download link .

Works Fine FOR ME

Its A Sony Thing i like .......

kadafi
Visitor

Install the SonicStage version that came with your pocket vaio. I've had similar problems but that version ALWAYS recognises pocket vaio;

You can upgrade from that version after verifying it works fine

Tealeaf
Visitor

I updated the firmware by downloading the file and extracting it on to the pocket vaio, then undocked it and ran the file on the pocket vaio. When the blue progress bar got to the end the screen switched off and wouldn't switch back on.

i've emailed sony support and currently waiting for a reply.

i'm off to Scotland tomorrow so i wont be able to post a response untill after the new year.

AgentSmith
Visitor

I updated the firmware by downloading the file and extracting it on to the pocket vaio, then undocked it and ran the file on the pocket vaio. When the blue progress bar got to the end the screen switched off and wouldn't switch back on. 

i'm off to Scotland tomorrow so i wont be able to post a response untill after the new year.

Well theres where the problem lies. You shouldn't have undocked it. In the installation readme it does say: Note : Make sure the VAIO Pocket cradle stays connected to the power supply until the firmware update is completed.

Sounds like you might have to wait till Sony gets intouch with you.

Psaila
Visitor

I would have to agree with you, Agent Smith .

I add this link as I feel the problems here may be related

I think You problem of The UNIT stopping has happend to myself and others .

kadafi
Visitor

Well theres where the problem lies. You shouldn't have undocked it. In the installation readme it does say: Note : Make sure the VAIO Pocket cradle stays connected to the power supply until the firmware update is completed.

hmmm... I'm quite sure I upgraaded mine undocked

:thinking:

AgentSmith
Visitor

With this problem i'm having wright now withe the Vaio, the iPod is looking very tempting.

I understand , But If you Link to here

All Is Explained

Register as a new user And Your confirmation E mail sends you A direct download link .

Works Fine FOR ME

Its A Sony Thing i like .......

Thx for the link Psaila. You saved my Vaio from an almost certain RMA.

The only links I had found for SS2.3 seem to be for the US but because the files didn't show this I had no idea.

My Vaio is now transfering perfectly. :smileygrin:

Tealeaf
Visitor

ok, i'm back.

Luckily for me while i was away my pocket vaio must have reset itself or something as it now switches on again. Sony support got back in touch and were no help at all about connecting it to sonic stage. They suggested i downloaded all the latest updates even though i already explained i had did this.

i've read agent smiths posts on how he managed to connect his eventually. i've sort of tried that method but i didnt register as a new user as i'm already one (i have a net-md too which connects no probs) but i went to connect.com & clicked the link in the top right corner that does a system check. The system check revealed that it couldnt identify the version of SS installed so i clicked the link next to the error that suggested i downloaded the european version which i have did twice now and it still doesnt work. As it happens the system check still throws up this error.

If anybody reading this has no connection probs could try doing a system check on the website would be helpful as this would narrow it down a bit.

Am i still missing something or doing something wrong??? i cant believe its been nearly 2 weeks since i got this thing and i still havent been able to use it.

Automan
Visitor

I got a new music CD today so I tried to add it to my Vaio Pocket.

"The ATRAC Audio Device cannot be used with this version of SonicStage"

It also says the same for my NW-HD1 (it used to work with both).

Thus I have just reformatted my NW-HD1.

On recoonection it says The Atrac device is not authorised with the music service.

Do you want to authorize now?

Clicked Yes.
This has taken me to Connect music store.

This says Non US access
It appears you are accessing from outside the United States.
Due to licensing restrictions music on connect is not availble.

Thus perhaps the mistake was ever loading the American version of the software 😞

Gloom

Automan.

Automan
Visitor

Right.
Close SonicStage
Load Regedit
browse to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\Sonic Stage\EMD

If the key IsCheckoutModeEnabled is 0 change it to 1

Then load sonicstage again and try a transfer.

When it asked to autorise the player rather than taking me to customer support it let me create an account (on the USA connect system).

It lets you skip the crdit card details and now I can transfer my music again.

You may have to select authorise unit from the tools menu.

Good luck - if it helps

Automan.