Join now - be part of our community!

Sonic Stage wont recognise pocket vaio!!!!!

Tealeaf
Visitor

Sonic Stage wont recognise pocket vaio!!!!!

I need help desperately!! i was given a pocket vaio (20gb) as a gift on xmas woo hoo!! but i havent been able to use it yet as sonic stage or VAIO music transfer recognises it, instead windows xp see's it as a removable hard drive (sony HMP-U01 usb device).

i've updated the firmware to the current version, sonic stage 2.3 and music transfer. i've also tried to update the driver in the device manager and uninstall it to no avail, i've also uninstalled and reinstalled sonic stage and music tranfer.

I've read other posts on here and i tried going through sonic stage - controls - device/media - initial device, this is greyed out and wont let me do this. The other option seems to be formatting windows but i cant see how this would help and this is a very very last resort.

So basically all i've got is a very small and very expensive hard drive which if this problem doesnt get sorted will be a very small and very expensive football!!!

any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.

25 REPLIES 25
Tealeaf
Visitor

Automan, thanks for the help but SS cant see the pocket v to transfer anything to it. when i click the transfer button i only get the options to transfer to cd. The regedit you suggested was already 1.

where do i download the US version from? i'd like to try and see if that works.

Tealeaf
Visitor

see below

Tealeaf
Visitor

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: Woooo Hoooo!!!!! i FINALLY got this damm thing working.

WARNING!!! if your not confident with messing about with the registry i suggest you dont try this.

Heres how:- go to start -> run -> type regedit, then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> right click Sony Corporation and delete all the entries, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> & delete all the Sony Corp entries aswell -> close regedit.

Next:- go to C:\program files\ and delete the Sony folder. Dont worry this wont delete any music you have stored as this is saved elsewhere (unless you've specified that folder to save music).

Next:- if you have a registry cleaner run it now. If you dont have one you can download "easy cleaner" (freeware) from www.majorgeeks.com

Next:- go to www.connect.com and click the link on the right that checks your system, it will tell you that the it cant determin you version of sonic stage -> click the download link next to it and install the downloaded sonic stage -> reboot.

Start sonic stage and BINGO it works!! well it did for me anyway.

I hope this helps anyone else who is having problems as i know i wasnt alone.

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Rugerto
Visitor

Big, Big, Big Thanx for your solution.

I had the same problem, that SS didnt want to accept my Vaio - but your way soluted the problem :).

Tealeaf
Visitor

Big, Big, Big Thanx for your solution.

I had the same problem, that SS didnt want to accept my Vaio - but your way soluted the problem :).

Your welcome, glad to hear it helped.

Automan
Visitor

Be careful with the above method if you are doing this on a Sony desktop or laptop as other Sony component registry keys are stored under Sony Corporation.

The same also applies to the Sony folder under program files.

You may wish to export the registry key before you delete it and rename the folders under Sony rather than delete.

I must say however it does seem to be the only way to fix this xxxx software.

Automan.