Join now - be part of our community!

sony laptop wont start up

profile.country.en_GB.title
bentitoy0125
Visitor

sony laptop wont start up

Hello everyone I wonder If you can help me. I purchased a Sony Vaio laptop 18 mos ago and it was working perfectly and I am happy with it. And just a couple of days ago when I was searching the internet for homework it just turned.off by itself and wont start up again. The charger is working perfectly and has green light when plugged in. I even went to my friend whonhas the same laptop as mine and tried my battery on hers and it worked perfectly. can anyone help me what the problem was? Isnt when having an item from big company like Sony should last couple of years? My laptop is very important to me as a means of communication to my family. tried to contact sony support and they are charging me £64 just for the shipping alone. please help.me.what to do. thank you all!

Message was edited by: bentitoy0125

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bentitoy0125,

If there is no sign of life when the power button is pressed the troubleshooting you can do yourself is limited.

Try removing the battery and power adaptor and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds – reconnect battery and adaptor and attempt to reboot.

If that has no effect then try removing and then reseating the memory modules - remove battery and power adaptor before doing this.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
bentitoy0125
Visitor

hello rich912 thank you very much for your suggestion but still the laptop doesnt respond at all. unfortunately i dont know how to reset the memory modules. its so frustrating really to get this fixed. thank you again.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bentitoy0125,

If you provide your model number we may be able to give instructions on locating and reseating the memory modules – no guarantee that this will have any effect of course.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat