Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Multi Flip 15 - WiFi Issues

Sony Multi Flip 15 - WiFi Issues

I have recently purchased a Sony Multi Flip 15 and despite looking really good the WiFi connection quality is absolutely dismal. 

I called Sony Customer Service (who are pretty rude) and they gave me a driver update, which didn't work, and now I have been sent a Belkin Dongle to help improve the connection. This seems to have worked so far, but can you imagine paying £2000 for a computer and having to have a dongle sticking out of the side of it?! 

Unbelievable!

Sony say they are working on a solution, but do not have a time frame for fixing the problem. 

I thought Sony had a great reputation as a leading technology company, yet can't build a machine that connects to the internet half as fast as my 5 year old HP. 

Can you imagine Apple doing the same thing? Having a dongle hanging out of the side of your Mac because the WiFi doesn't work?? I don't think so. 

I bought the computer because the flip function meets my work needs. But the product (and the 'product experience') has really been let down by such a ridiculous problem that Sony can't seem to get a handle on. 

So I would suggest to anyone considering this product to really think about a different product, and probably a different brand. The thing that worries me is what else can go wrong a few months down the line if they can't get the basics right. 

Very very poor. 

2 REPLIES 2
sgdavies

Hi Patrick, Just wondering, did you upgrade to 8.1 yet? also have you had "touch screen freezing" problems?

regarding your wifi problem, I have no idea apart from a new driver.

There is also a new BIOS released on the 20th January 2014,

and also some wifi drivers specifically for 8.1

Updated all those (inc windows 8.1) and still have the WiFi problem. But not touchscreen problems. 

Sony have admitted to this problem themselves, but admit that they can't resolve it at the moment. 

I have had this computer a week, so it should be as current as possible. 

As I said, it's a £2000 machine (i7, 512SSD 12ram, the works) so this is very very disappointing. Woeful, infact.