Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Repair Desperation

John1963
Explorer

Sony Repair Desperation

I returned my VAIO laptop for repair under the warranty I purchased with the laptop. It has now been 7 weeks since sending it back and I have just been given wrong information about the repair process and the status of the repair since day 1. To say this is the worst experience I have ever had from a large company like Sony is a total understatement. I keep asking for when I will get my fixed laptop back and I get no answer other than "we will let you know as soon as we know something" type answer. I have asked for a complaint to be raised and was told it would be, but again nothing has been given to me to confirm a complaint has been raised. I have spoken on the phone many times and get nothing from that process, and I have sent many emails and again I get nothing back from that process. Sony has to have the worst repair process system going. All I want is a working laptop within the warranty period, is that too much to ask?

So my question, after my rant, does anybody have contact details for Sony UK that I can contact to get somebody who can help me?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi John1963,

I'm not so active on the Sony community so much now but noticed your post & reached out to one of my contacts who has assured me that someone from Sony Support will be in contact with you today. 

I suspect that as Sony no longer make VAIO's having sold off the business they do not have control over parts availability & would be waiting on the parts supplier, hence why you are not being given accurate info.

Hope this helps. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi John1963,

has someone from Sony support been in contact with you??

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @John1963,

has your Vaio repair been completed?