Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCF11S1E overheating and noise problems. Solutions.

Diogeness
New

Vaio VPCF11S1E overheating and noise problems. Solutions.

Hello everyone! 

I know that i am not the first person to submit this kind of post regarding the Sony Vaio VPCF11S1E laptop series and their overheating problems but i have some questions towards the community.

Taking into consideration all other posts made i would like to ask the following:

1) It is true that the cleaning of the fan can help it's funktion. But how often should one clean the fan? When should i understand that it's time to replace the fan? Can the replacement do a big difference in overheating and silent running?

2) How possible is it that i may have to change the thermal paste of the CPU? Is this a major issue regarding the fan problems?

3) Will a cooling pad help my laptops effectivity? What kind of a cooling pad should i consider buying?

I am looking forward for your answer.

Thanks in advance,

Diogeness

1 REPLY 1
Steve-LB
New

My Sony had overheating problems - fan on full blast then the laptop kept shutting down.  I diagnosed this to the fan being clogged up with dust.  I opened the laptop up, removed the dust around the fan (a fair amount of it!), put it all back and Presto!  Overheating issues resolved & running fine again.  Don't touch the CPU paste.