Join now - be part of our community!

VGX-TP2 'Multimedia Controller' driver for Win 7

profile.country.en_GB.title
clover90
Visitor

VGX-TP2 'Multimedia Controller' driver for Win 7

I've completed a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate on my VGX-TP2 and have one last issue. I can't identify and locate a driver for the hardware device 'Multimedia Controller', which I guess must be the on board Hybrid TV Tuner card as MCE tells me there is no TV Tuner Card installed. I could go back and install Vista and then upgrade - but it would be cleaner to avoid Vista (and the bundled Sony utilities, which I've never used).

I've tried DriverBoost - this is a help - but this can't identify the tuner card type.

Has anyone successfully done a clean 7 install?

Have swapped the original noisy 500GB HD for a WD Caviar Green e-SATA 2TB drive - which has made the unit virtually silent.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think you have an AVerMedia A313 MiniCard TV Receiver.

I would expect the driver to work with both Vista and Windows 7 but unfortunately the driver is missing from the download page for your model - Sony have sadly not included it with the driver download.

However, there is a Vista driver for the VGX-TP3S which should work on the download page for that model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGX-TP3S_B

There are also many free downloads if you try Google - some for Windows 7 - but make sure you get the correct driver.  Try Googling for "avermedia a313".  Was your TV Tuner a hybrid Analoge/DVB-T model, an Analogue Tuner or a Twin DVB-T Tuner model?  There are different drivers.

Good Luck.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
damonhudson
New

Hi, I want to swap out the HDD on my TP2 but can't get the thing open! I removed all the screws but can't see where the clips are to pop it open..

How did you swap out the HDD in yours? Did you find any photos for a teardown?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

trebor75
Visitor

hi ther i have the same problem device manager says no drivers have been loaded or needed for my multimedia controllers i have a dual tuner my sytem is a vgx xl 301 have you found any help or sorted the situation i could do with some help but it is doin my head in

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

@trebor75.

You have the Avermedia M115S TV tuner in your Vaio.

Have you tried installing the original Vista TV Driver that came preinstalled on your Vaio?  I would guess it will work with Windows 7.

Under the Updates Tab here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGX-XL301/updates

Download the Original Drivers Package and Extract the files to somewhere you can find them easily (C:\Drivers?)

Open the folder \\TV Capture and run the file 'InstallDriver.exe' to install the driver.

:thinking:

trebor75
Visitor

Hi thanks for your promt response is the avermedia tuner the one in the vgx xl301 sorry for being a bit thick ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Yes, that is for the XL301.

Good Luck!

:wink:

trebor75
Visitor

thanks for that i hope i can get the sound working on the computer now all the best , robert:smileyhappy:

trebor75
Visitor

Hi got the tuners working but still no sound ime using a hdmi cable and the settings areset to that but still no sound any ideas, thanks robert

trebor75
Visitor

Morning

Still no joy i have the tuners showing in device manager with no conflicts i have upgraded the sound driver i believe it is a sonic when playing a song i can see the bars moving up and down i have tried a line in from the dvi port still se thbars moving but still no sound there is nothing muted ime a bit lost know do i need a different cable or should sound come when the hdmi cable is in (i loaded the original drivers)

Robert