Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Selling Vaio Brand to JIP

leferdi24
Explorer

Sony Selling Vaio Brand to JIP

So now Sony has decided to sell its Vaio brand to Japan Industrial Partners (JIP) where doesthis leave end users and warrenties?  I really need to know the answer to this question Sony as i have Just ordered the Vaio Fit 15" with full upgrades costing me best part of £2000.00.  If the warrenty and/or support (whats left of it) will not be honoured then clearly i will be with drawing my order.

As for those people who are complaining about the Sony support being the "Worst Ever" i guess this is the reason why.  Its the good old "we are selling the company so lets not give a *** about our excisting consumers". 

Edit: swearing

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

See Sony's official Statement:

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201402/14-0206E/index.html

"As a part of the sale to JIP, Sony will cease planning, design and development of PC products. Sony's manufacturing and sales will be discontinued after the Spring 2014 lineup. Even after Sony's withdrawal from the PC market, Sony customers will continue to receive aftercare customer services."

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi leferdi24

Here is an update that might help you: it states that Sony continues retaining its after sales support for VAIO. The extended warrantee is handled by the dealers. Sony continues retaining its repair support as in the past. Sony will continue software update and software support as in the past.

Hope this will ease your mind,

Drew

leferdi24
Explorer

Hi Drewde,

Thank you for responding,

Can you direct me to a link where i can see this statement written in B&W?  Not that i dont believe what you have written here, it's a case of protecting the investment (£1700.00) i am in the process of making. 

Thx.

leferdi24
Explorer

I just read the statement that  Quinnicus kindly posted.   I have decided that i will not be making this purchase.  Lets be honest here, you only need to look at these forums to know how bad Sony's current support is and to read in that statement that Sony will continue to support software development in my eyes this support will only get worse than it already is.  Its' a shame really as Sony really do/has offer'd real innovation to the PC market of the last 10-15yrs.  Good luck to all those who have recently purchased a Vaio I really do feel for you!

Regards

They don't honour current warranties so I wouldn't go near a Sony Vaio again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWRyBU8wI-Y