Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Fit 13A SVF13N1C5E - VAIO Update - 500 Internal server error

SOLVED
fnisse
Explorer

VAIO Fit 13A SVF13N1C5E - VAIO Update - 500 Internal server error

Every time I try to update my new SONY VAIO using VAIO Update, I get an error message (500 - Internal server error - There is a problem with the resource you are looking for and it can not be displayed) and no updates can be found.

I have been in contact with the local support but they havent been able to explain this or to come up with a solution. Anyone else having this problem and found a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi fnisse,

I have been informed that your Vaio's serial number has been uploaded to the server, could you check & confirm that you can use Vaio update without any errors please.?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi fnisse,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

This has been mentioned before, the 500 Internal Server error normally appears when your Vaio's serial number has not be added to the server..

I'll forward your post to one of our contacts in a hope that they can help, if, & when, I receive a reply I'll update this thread..:smileywink:

fnisse
Explorer

Hi Thalamus!

Thank you for your quick reply and help!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi fnisse,

I have been informed that your Vaio's serial number has been uploaded to the server, could you check & confirm that you can use Vaio update without any errors please.?

fnisse
Explorer

Hi again

Yes it's working now.

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards

fnisse

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, glad I could help..
Sofwat
Explorer

Hi, I have the same problem. Please help?

Sofwat
Explorer

Hi, can you add my number to the server too please?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Sofwat,
welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I'll forward your post to one of our contacts in a hope that they can help, if, & when, I receive a reply I'll update this thread..
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@rich912 one of the other Experts has already flagged this problem for some other Vaio owners on this forum and the feedback is the same, please see a copy of his reply is below..

rich912 wrote:

I’m informed that serial numbers for all three machines should be registered with the database some time before the end of this week. Keep trying intermittently and let us know when it works.

Rich