Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Support. Unbelievable nonsensical reply! MCA20 problem

ian4c
Visitor

Sony Support. Unbelievable nonsensical reply! MCA20 problem

I have made a couple of posts in recent days about not being able to read SD cards following my purchase of a new FE31Z Laptop.

Following are all the notes of this case. If you care to read them and then read the answer received from Sony Support to day then be prepared to be surprised as I was to get the nonsensical reply. Who are these people who read support questions I ask my self.

I don't like giving bad reports but Sony really need to get their act together. I have spent thousands upon thousands over the years on Sony products. Thank goodness I have never had problems.

*** NOTES 13-Nov-2006 Action Type: Info
1. Installed service pack: WindowsXP Pro
Still using service pack: yes
2. Boot language: English
3. Detailed problem description: Insert the VGP - MCA20 adaptor and then insert an SD card (tried more then 1) Card can not be read. At times the window with a torch going back and forth will be shown ( Like if you are connecting a large HD to a computer with a lot of data) But will not read the card!. Further, if you restart the computer with the adaptor inserted the computer hangs until the adaptor is removed!
Please advise.
Second problem, when I tried to load Norton AV, there was a 'scripting error' and Norton AV 2006 would not install. I have had this problem with the same prog on my desktop computer. I am not to concerned about this as I installed AVG as I have done on my other computer.

Please advise

Ian
4. Checked for upgrades or patches: yes
5. Additional SW: AVG
6. Additional HW: none
7. Extra memory added: no
8. Additional remarks: none

*** NOTES 17-Nov-2006 Action Type: Info
I have bought a few Sony computers over the years. Not had any hardware problems up to now. I have read that Sony Support is pretty bad and since I have not even had the courtesy of a reply I am now beginning to believe what people say about support. OK you may not know the answer but you could at least acknowledge my request. Not at all good for a company as large as Sony. A friend was going to buy a Sony Laptop to day. Waited to see what the problem was !! He has now ordered from Dell! Can't say I blame him

REPLY 20th NOVEMBER

*** NOTES 20-Nov-2006 Action Type: Info
Thank you for contacting us

We are sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Please note though, that even though there are certain limitations to what we can do, we are constantly trying to maintain the highest standard. We have taken note of your comments and concerns and thank you for the time you have taken to share them with us.

Regarding the problem you are having with the adapter. Are you connecting through the USB or is it through the memory stick slot. Have you tried more than one adapter. Have you tried to format the memory stick. Do you get any error messages. Please provide us with feedback to these questions

Regards

Sony Vaio Team

0 REPLIES 0