Join now - be part of our community!

vhn-fe31m

caoimhe3
Visitor

vhn-fe31m

hi all

quick question,

have purchased a new vgn-fe31m, one week old.... noticed that the laptop freezes, i suppose in a way, like i have never seen before... i can move the mouse, but clicking on open windows does nothing, i can press 'ctrl, alt and delete, which brings up the task manager, but again i can not click on the window. all process are running, and cpu is showing 'running at 0%' and the only other key(s) i can get to work, are the 'windows + L' to log off, from there i have to close the laptop down and restart. When i check the event viewer log, NO errors show up.. the only extra software i have installed, are incredimail, VNC, and AVG. these i have on my other laptop and server, both of which do not display the same symptoms, i am really at a loss as to what is causing this, but only a week old and i am getting very frustrated with it... any help would be grateful, and if you require further info please ask.... and if you know of any tools to help, please share, and i will run them.

stevie

2 REPLIES 2
sammiimmas
Visitor

I have this problem too and found it to be clicking too soon- let me explain when i start my laptop how did i know when it would be ready 'well i didnt' so what i did was wait alittle longer rather han being too eager to get onto the net!

I noticed that once my laptop is ready is when certain programs show up in the systems tray and as soon as this happens the laptop speeds up amazingly and the fan kicks in real nice 😉

So you must try it as I had the same prob couldnt click on anything nor could i get it to come out of the 'crashing phase'

sammi :laughing:

caoimhe3
Visitor

but this happens about 30-40 mins after i have started up the laptop...i cant see any thing in the task menu, ie. cpu over load, or programs not responding..... to give me any indicition of whats happening.... and sometime i wonder about having an event viewer, as i NEVER 'shows up anything 😞