Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Support???

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gbleach
Visitor

Sony Support???

Don't know if you can really call it support??

Has anyone else had problems with the lack of response? I have now emailed them on 3 occassions after experiencing problems with my 'all in one sony VPCJ2', and have recieved no response. I did try posting on this forum but the answers did not help. Very poor from what used to an excellent service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Where are you emailing?  Vaio Support is differrent from Sony Support.

Is your Vaio still within Warranty?  Follow these steps to contact Vaio Support.  Most people have success with a phone call.

Support (at the top of this page)

Online Support

Contact Us (at the bottom of the next page)

Vaio and Computing

Enter your Vaio's Serial Number to reach the contact options page.

I remember seeing your post.  If your model is eligible for the Sony Upgrade then you should apply for the disc - this will reinstall the Sony software (drivers and utilities) after the Windows 8 Upgrade.

Reading the FAQ page, it seems Sony will only support a 'migration' to Windows 8 from Windows 7 - so you may have to revert to Windows 7 for the process to work.  It appears a 'Clean Install' is not supported.  Probably because the software is mostly Updates to existing software.  You could possibly do a clean install and reinstall ALL the Windows 7 Drivers first but some may not be available for download..

What is your full Vaio Model?  Have you looked on the Support pages for your model for Windows 8 Drivers and Utilities.

If I look at the Support page for my 18 month old Vaio, Windows 8 Updates are there - including Vaio Care 8 Updater, which I guess will only work after a migration as the original Vaio Care needs to be installed.

I guess most of your problems have arisen by installing Windows 8 before adequate support has become available.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Where are you emailing?  Vaio Support is differrent from Sony Support.

Is your Vaio still within Warranty?  Follow these steps to contact Vaio Support.  Most people have success with a phone call.

Support (at the top of this page)

Online Support

Contact Us (at the bottom of the next page)

Vaio and Computing

Enter your Vaio's Serial Number to reach the contact options page.

I remember seeing your post.  If your model is eligible for the Sony Upgrade then you should apply for the disc - this will reinstall the Sony software (drivers and utilities) after the Windows 8 Upgrade.

Reading the FAQ page, it seems Sony will only support a 'migration' to Windows 8 from Windows 7 - so you may have to revert to Windows 7 for the process to work.  It appears a 'Clean Install' is not supported.  Probably because the software is mostly Updates to existing software.  You could possibly do a clean install and reinstall ALL the Windows 7 Drivers first but some may not be available for download..

What is your full Vaio Model?  Have you looked on the Support pages for your model for Windows 8 Drivers and Utilities.

If I look at the Support page for my 18 month old Vaio, Windows 8 Updates are there - including Vaio Care 8 Updater, which I guess will only work after a migration as the original Vaio Care needs to be installed.

I guess most of your problems have arisen by installing Windows 8 before adequate support has become available.

:thinking:

122Alex
New

Hey

Am using sony vaio vgn-fe21m

I need help to get my onetime password

Who can help me please i need to gwt back my laptop ♡ :'(

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will need to telephone Sony Support for help with a 'one-time' password.

http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?pdp=vgn-fe21m&cat=laptop-pc-vgn-series&cpint=...