Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Upgrade To Windows Vista Ultimate

a7med_360
Visitor

Sony Upgrade To Windows Vista Ultimate

Ok has this happend to anyone ... i have the sony vaio VGN AR21S notebook i have called sony about windows also microsoft but sony do not seem to give vista ultimate as an upgrade i would buy it from retail store but the problem is that it will not have the driver and utilities for the extra hardware built into the laptop like the blu-ray player so what shall i do?

7 REPLIES 7
grantputt
Visitor

Hi there, I have the VGN AR11S also with Blu Ray disk. I have gone ahead and loaded Vista Ultimate and am having trouble finding the right drivers for the OS. The strange thing is the upgrade advisor didn't say that these would be a problem? The main problems are the Nvidia video driver, the sound driver and the on-board mouse pad doesn't scroll anymore.

Help!!!

Resonate
Visitor

Hi grantput & a7med_360

Sony have not released all drivers needed to support VISTA in general as of yet, However if you try downloading Sony Utilites from VAIO Support they may possible work but not to sure at the moment, Due to the fact that many manufacturers along with microsoft have not released full support it has many people wait untill full support is released there is no officiall date as of yet but should be soonish :slight_frown:

a7med_360
Visitor

See thats the reason why i dont want to go ahead with it until i get it from sony suggested idea a friend gave is that go ahead and get the vista home premium from sony then upgrade that to ultimate from windows marketplace... but find it too much trouble and that it will be a bigger problem when it comes to formating and re-installing etc:)...... so anyone know if sony will release the ultimate ?

Resonate
Visitor

You may find your answer within this link i havent checked it out yet so let me know if you find anything VAIO with VISTA :wink:

a7med_360
Visitor

ive checked that site and it gives a comparison of all the vista editions including ultimate so they should provide ultimate but so far to my knowledge they dont on the site it says vaio recommends home premium n business vista!

Resonate
Visitor

ive checked that site and it gives a comparison of all the vista editions including ultimate so they should provide ultimate but so far to my knowledge they dont on the site it says vaio recommends home premium n business vista!

I think sony will only build to Business to be Honest Ultimate is for a select few i was reading an article (Cant find the link) were making Ultimate for VAIO is not cost effective, Hopefully i maybe wrong but i dont think there is any release dates for VISTA ultimate & VAIO all we can do is wait & see Unless one of the Mods no if they are or not :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I agree with Resonate here, I think you'll need to buy Ultimate Upgrade as the free update is for the business or home editions.