Join now - be part of our community!

And so the war begins with Sony and Dabs!

skykit84
New

And so the war begins with Sony and Dabs!

Most of you know about my on-going problems with the laptop.

1. fans going nuts, sony does not acknowledge
2. keyboard space bar issue - sony says ok, but turnout is 10 days
3. screen marks - sony ignores
4. electric current - sony closes case with no notes

So I decided with keelo's advice to look up trading standards.
Spoke to dabs first on their livechat (where i purchased the laptop) and a guy called Chris really helped me out big time.

He said Dabs have a policy in where if goods become faulty with 6 months, it gets replaced.
As the laptop is now discontinued, they can only offer a refund.
I was ok with this as I would by another sony from dabs anyway (and pay the extra 200gbp on top) so its good for me, good for dabs, everyones happy.

Went through the returns process and it goes, repair via Sony only.
This annoyed me and so I went onto live chat and spoke to someone called Philip
I asked him and he goes what Chris said was alie basically.
After interogating him further, showing him yesterdays log with Chris, he just kept going round in circles saying contact sony.

I already told him several times sony fail to acknowledge the main issues at hand - especially the current one!

His response:-

I am afraid I am unable to assist further with this query. We are just going around in circles. I have advised how to proceed. Please contact Sony as all warranty returns must go through them.
Philip : Thank you for using this service. Goodbye.

And then he hung up the chat!

I could not believe the nerve of him. I wish they had phones because after being awake for 32 hours, I was ready for war!

I went onto trading standards website and sure enough:-

Under the Regulations where a fault occurs with goods within 6 months, starting on the date you took delivery, and you request a repair or replacement, or if that fails, a full or partial refund, then you do not have to prove that the fault exists

I want a replacement... they cant offer... so dabs HAVE to refund.
And I can even prove the faults thats the funny thing.

I'm talkign to someone called Anthony now so I'll update you guys

This is so much fun!

7 REPLIES 7
skykit84
New

ok as "chris" said he would.... the rma is now authorised.
All i have to do is send the laptop to them, a refund will then be done to my card.

Anyone know what the SZ3XWP/C Core 2 Duo is like? Does it have the spacebar issue / loud fans ?

I suppose with a refund, I can even steer away from Sony although I think slickness, you cant go wrong

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Glad to hear you finally got some relief from DABS, good on you for quoting the Trading Standards blurb, a lot of these oafs think that they can just palm off people by telling them they have to go to a 3rd party for a simple refund, it's obviously bullsh**.

Hope they do refund - or you'd have to report the matter to trading standards.

skykit84
New

Yup, I agree there!

Now just on the hunt for a new laptop

I askedAnthony before leaving regarding this 6-month speech that Chris gave
He says he agreed with Philip and not Chris because Sony have some part in the repairs with Dabs whereas other manufacturers just tell Dabs to replace the item within 6 months

profile.country.en_.title
@0264405400002079
Visitor

Hi Akash84,
well done on the trading standards quote as Kee-lo said.I think sony should thank you for planning on getting another sony laptop after what you went through.
I applaud you

kee-lo_

Yeah I agree with you lurchbt

skykit84
New

I too agree with you

The problem is the lack of choice
a few years ago, a 15" screen was small... now days I need smaller and it just so happens the sony is the smallest with the highest spec

IBM's only do 14" as the smallest and I >love< ibm's whole support/quality/build. The one IBM do with a 12" screen has no optical drive and is low spec

The Dell M1210 is unusually thick for a 12.1" screen and the graphics isnt the best

The only other thing I would get is a Toshiba but again, the thickness/weight is too much

For the first time, I'm tied down without choice lol

kee-lo_

How about a tablet PC, might be expensive though :thinking: