Join now - be part of our community!

how long for an RMA?

vincefer
Visitor

how long for an RMA?

Does anyone know how long does a RMA from Sony takes?

A few days after buying an AR21S I noticed some problems. Sony e-support suggested sending it to be repaired. Would you accept to have a computer repaired just a pair of weeks after purchase?

I had a hard time with the reseller but they finally got the RMA acceptance from Sony. It was on Dicember 19th when I delivered the laptop to the shop. And at the moment still waiting for the replacement.

Is it usual to wait for such a long time?

I feel like having paid for nothing 😞

4 REPLIES 4
skykit84
New

Sony quote 5-10 days ... atleast for the spacebar issue im having
not sure if this is a standard time or because the keyboard is not as difficult to fix as a motherboard for instance

vincefer
Visitor

Thanks Akash84

10 days would be a dream form me 😉 But 30 days and it will be more than that, is just too much specially for a computer used at work. Now that I know how Sony support works I really regret not having bought a Dell instead.

vincefer
Visitor

Finally it seems that I will get my money back next week. I think I will take some time to rethink if the AR21S is the best option for me. :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Finally it seems that I will get my money back next week. I think I will take some time to rethink if the AR21S is the best option for me. :thinking:

Excellent news.

Shop around, read online reviews and see them for real in John Lewis or similar store.